A Tailored Service Designed With You
We understand that complying with the requirements of GDPR and UK data protection legislation can be resource intensive. RGDP’s DPO service is here to take the pressure off and allow you to focus on your core business. The DPO service provided by RGDP is designed with you, to meet your needs. Whether you have a statutory requirement to appoint a DPO or you just want some advice and guidance, RGDP can help to ensure that you meet the requirements of the GDPR and DPA 2018 in a cost effective way.
How Is RGDP Different?
RGDP offers high quality DPO services, achieved through our close association with the highly regarded data protection experts at BTO Solicitors LLP and Computer Law Training Ltd. We do not rely on DPOs who have simply attended a GDPR course – we think you deserve better than that. We ensure that our services are delivered in a cost effective way by experienced DPOs who have the relevant expert knowledge and who will provide continuity and add value more broadly by developing a good understanding of your business.
Our service packages include:
Data Protection Compliance Audit
This will usually be the first step and will involve a visit by the RGDP DPO to your business. The service is designed to:
- Determine your compliance with the DPA and GDPR bearing in mind the new accountability principle
- Advise your organisation on its GDPR obligations
- Review policies, protocols and procedures
- Identify data protection risks to your business
- Recommend priorities for the DPO service
- Recommend actions required based on the risks and priorities of your business
As an alternative to this full audit, especially if you have already undertaken some work towards compliance with GDPR, we can review what you have done to check that nothing crucial has been missed and make recommendations on what more needs to be done to make you compliant and then keep you there.
Standard DPO Service
RGDP will become your DPO registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office and each customer will be allocated a dedicated DPO who will make regular visits, provide continuity and really get to know your organisation and business. The DPO can also provide guidance and advice remotely by telephone or email. The service will be individually tailored to suit your business needs and includes:
- Regular DPO visits (frequency as agreed based on requirements)
- Monitoring your Record of Processing
- Monitoring of policies relating to protection of personal data, including data retention and security
- Point of contact for the ICO
- Advise on assignment of responsibilities for data protection in your organisation
- Awareness raising and confirming staff have appropriate training
- Embedding a culture of data protection by design
- Provision of data protection / GDPR compliance updates for your Board
- Ongoing audits to identify data protection risks and your priorities for the next year
- Email / telephone advice (outside visits)
If you don’t need a DPO
You may not require a DPO under statutory requirements, but if you need advice or assistance in connection with Data Protection and related legislation, RGDP can tailor our service to meet your needs.
These are a range of services that cater for incidents which are difficult to predict and quantify such as a personal data breach when the DPO’s advice will be needed urgently and potentially out of normal working hours. Services include:
- Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) – advice on requirements, methodology and GDPR compliance
- Data Subject Rights including Subject Access Requests (SARs) – advice on responding to requests
- Advice in the event of a Personal Data Breach – recording and reporting to the ICO, communicating with the data subjects if necessary
- Review / advise on data protection policies and procedures and supply templates
- Referrals to BTO Solicitors (for legal issues and advice), Computer Law Training (for training requirements) or trusted partner cyber security specialists as required
How much will it cost?
Our services will be negotiated on a case by case basis but prices will be transparent and fixed for you in advance as far as possible. Once we have agreed on the level of services you require, RGDP will provide you with a detailed quotation.
If you wish to discuss our services with a view to receiving a quotation, or for any other information about RGDP then please contact us on 0131 222 3239 or email@example.com for a no obligation discussion on how we might help you with your data protection and GDPR needs.