Housing Associations and Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 – FOISA
The expansion of FOISA means that Registered Social Landlords (RSLs) in Scotland will be designated as Scottish Public Authorities from 11 November 2019 (subject to Parliamentary approval).
Consequently, to comply with GDPR Article 37 and DPA 2018 Part 2, Chapter 2, 7(1)(b), RSLs will need to appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO) from this date.
As a Commercial Associate of the Scottish Federation of Housing Associations (SFHA), Really Good Data Protection (RGDP) provides a tailored and cost-effective solution to the demands of GDPR and a number of RSLs / Housing Associations in Scotland have already appointed RGDP as their DPO.
In addition to DPO services, RGDP can also assist Housing Associations in meeting their Freedom of Information obligations.
Now is the time to start preparing for this change by ensuring that your staff are trained and your policies and procedures are in place so that you are ready for 11 November.
We can help with:
- Training – for Trustees, Board Members, Senior Management and Staff – tailored to your specific requirements.
- Production and implementation of your FoI policies and procedures.
- Production and maintenance of a Guide to Information.
- Adoption of a Model Publication Scheme.
- Responding to FOI requests.
- And much more, including help with Environmental Information Regulations (EIR) requests.